A Rare Glimpse

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tales from TRH (Chapter 2)

A customer came in to buy a handful each of poppin' hoppers, mini parachute men, stretchy dinosaurs, and stretchy bugs for a pinata birthday party...I sure hope the party is for a boy. :P

Now that a lot of the toys have been unpacked, the shelves are so full I feel like the toys are all going to fall off the shelves if people don't start buying things. On the bright side, there's actually variety and choice in the store again, seeing as the store was almost left bare after the Christmas/New Year's rush. Until recently, we didn't have a lot of the most popular stuff in stock as the toy manufacturers like to take their time filling new year orders. What's popular? Cranium series of board games, Settlers of Catan, Sea Monkeys, LaMaze baby toys. And since spring is here and summer is near, we have beach balls galore, swimming toys, fishing/butterfly nets, the list could go on, but I guess you'll just have to stop by to see for yourself!

I can't wait for Easter, well, to celebrate Easter of course, but also, the store is going hold a petting zoo! It'll be a store full of kittens, lambs, goats, rabbits, and other furry, cute animals. Just don't ask me how they'll all fit in there with us, as well as all the kids, parents, and toys on the shelves.